We’ve been exhibiting at a lot of wedding shows across the UK and Ireland over the past few weeks and we’ve been getting feedback from lots of brides to be. If you’ve only recently got engaged and you’re planning on attending a wedding show it’s a good idea to prepare yourself for what’s on offer… I’ve pulled a short list of my top tips together below.
1. Print out stickers with your name & contact details. LOTS of exhibitors have competitions that you can enter at the show & by the end of the day you’ll be fed up writing down all of your details. It’s handy to have little stickers printed that you can just pop onto all of the competition entry forms AND you’ll save yourself from getting pen marks all over you!
2. Depending on the venue, dress appropriately. There’s nothing worse than being too hot or too cold when you’re trying to retain a lot of information. At the UK Wedding Show in The Metro Arena in Newcastle recently it was so cold I had to borrow someone’s beanie hat to try keep warm. Defo not a good look for me but it was better than the alternative of freezing all day!
3. Do your research before you visit. Most wedding shows have an exhibitor listing on their website. Find out who’s going to be at the show and print out the floor plan if it’s available. Make sure you get around to everyone you’re interested in seeing and ask the questions you want to know answers to.
4. If there’s a product or service that you know you definitely want to have ask about discounts or special offers for booking on the day. Most exhibitors are willing to negotiate and many will offer discounts for booking at the show. You could save yourself a lot of money!
5. Remember your wedding budget. Don’t buy things that are unnecessary and blow your budget!
6. Bring your friends, family or other halves along… And have some fun!
Jenny, WAB x
, many of whom are overwhelmed by the amount of exhibitors and services available at the shows.